Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rice and Beans

What's for dinner? Rice and beans! Sounds great, Right? 
 However, I am not going to just make rice and beans I want it to be like Popeye's. Yummy! I can do it right? After some research (and realization that it is too far to drive to get the real thing) I found a website that said that their recipe was like the real thing. Perfect!
 So, after going to the store to get all of the ingredients...some of them I have never heard of of course...I went to the kitchen to start our amazing dinner. Unfortunately the recipe stated that you have to use a food processor, well I have a blender and that is the same right? After cutting the at least 2 hours of cooking in the kitchen  to 30 minutes in go the beans to the blender. I am assuming the processor was to make the beans more of a mashed consistency rather than a puree? OK, so our dinner does not look edible but we have the steak my husband grilled for a back up :-)
I post this picture to my facebook and after 60 comments from my friends I am once again informed that I should stick to my crafts and leave the cooking to someone else.  I could blame it on the recipe or the website but will just take this as a fail.
#riceandbeans#Popeye's#foodfail#food#blender#cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment